PORKY`S HOT ROCKIN

Go down

PORKY`S HOT ROCKIN

Post by ChrisF on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Saw them at "The Pink Cadillac Club" (Stewartby Social Club) last night.

Good night out....singer doesnt have the best voice, but he can hold a tune. Guitarist is amazing...and I thought I recognised him, but couldnt place him. Then the singer said they were going to sing one of the guitarists songs...and they launched into Ice Cold...oh my god it was Mark Harmon of Restless fame....probably my favourite neo-rockabilly band ever.

So....whats happened to Restless ??? (I thought they were still going) ..and why wasnt Mark singing??? ..he has a much better voice than the singer.

Ah well...cracking night,met some great people..and a lot more Rockabillys there as compared to the other place....(where I was the only one..the rest leaning more towards the rock n roll -teddy boy look). Going to make it a regular thing...first Friday of every month...even the missus enjoyed it and now wants to get the "look" .... blimey Shocked Wink Very Happy
ChrisF

Back to top Go down

Re: PORKY`S HOT ROCKIN

Post by Rab-uk on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:30 am

Sound like a good nite
the next one this way is 25th feb "the tail lights"
not heard them before and cannot find anything about them
Get you misses on ebay loads of clothes n shoes ect cheap

http://rockabillyuk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisF on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 am

She is still working out what she likes and doesnt like. She reckons that she likes the "Imelda May look" rather than big dresses with a load of petticoats underneath...which is fine by me as I prefer that look too.

She has a friend who goes to all the vintage n retro fairs up n down the country....and whos daughter makes vintage n retro clothing for a living. So she is speaking to her about stuff. There wa a couple of women there last night who looked stunning....ok so one of them had very blonde hair and a stunning figure Twisted Evil ....but my missus liked the way they dressed...much more Rockabilly than rock n roll.

the Tail lights rings a bell....think I might have seen it on a flyer I picked up recently....not sure.
ChrisF

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisF on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 am

I had a quick look on ebay..and the wife was looking over my shoulder...and liked just about everything on there Shocked

Still trying to convince her that she needs to wear the right underwear....basque,stockings etc etc Twisted Evil
ChrisF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum